Save the date: Pangeo dinner at AGU 2023

This year’s AGU Fall Meeting is going to be a bash!

We are planning a big Pangeo get together the night of Tuesday December 12th.

Save the date and expect some more exciting details about other events soon.

16 Likes

Nice! I’ll be there!

7 Likes

I will try to attend too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will also plan to be there!

2 Likes

I’ll be there, it’s going to be fun!

2 Likes

Looking forward to this!

3 Likes

Thanks for picking a date already!

2 Likes

Nice, thanks for planning! I’ll be there

3 Likes

Folks – we’re ready for a proper headcount for this dinner. Please use this form to sign up so we can make sure there’s space for everyone.

https://lu.ma/pangeo-agu-2023

cc @jedsundwall, @rlourenco, @cisaacstern, @dcherian, @betolink, @jukent, @maxrjones, @paigem, @scottyhq, @pochedley, @briannapagan, @brian-rose, @observingClouds, and @Negin_Sobhani.

10 Likes

I am teaching remotely Tuesday evening but will join after around 8:30pm if people are still around! Excited to see everyone soon!

3 Likes

I’m psyched for the after party :slight_smile:

1 Like

​Hi everyone —

A quick update here. We’re very excited to have more than 40 folks coming out on Tuesday.

The main thing you need to know is that we’ll be having the Pangeo community dinner at Willkommen in the Castro neighborhood. Our reservation starts at 6:30pm. Its about 20 minutes from the Moscone center by transit or 10 minutes by cab.

For those going straight from the Moscone center, you may choose to meet at the Pangeo booth in the Exhibit Hall at 5:55pm and take the street car as a group.

​See you on Tuesday!

4 Likes

@jhamman do you know if it is possible to use the street car by using a credit card? Or do I need a transit one?