Post-AMS Pangeo Working Meeting (January 13, 2023 in Denver, CO)

We are excited to announce a working meeting hosted by the Pangeo community following the 2023 AMS Conference in Denver, CO. This event serves to bring together members of the Pangeo community to solve problems related to scientific research and programming.

When: Friday, January 13, 2023
Time: 9 AM - 4:30 PM MT
Where to apply: Pangeo Post-AMS Working Meeting Google Form
Application deadline: October 31, 2022
Where: mindSpark Learning (455 South Pierce St., Lakewood, CO 80226)
Registration cost: No registration fee
Logistics: Participants are expected to provide their own transportation to and from the event and food/beverage for lunch.

Goals

• Gather members of the Pangeo community to solve problems related to scientific research and programming (e.g., handling physical units, regridding large datasets, or passing Earth observation data into machine learning frameworks)
  • Support the development of domain-specific geoscience packages

Agenda

Getting started
8:30 - 9:00 - Coffee
9:00 - 9:15 - Welcome and logistics
9:15 - 9:30 - Introduction to projects
Break out groups part 1
9:30 - 12:00 - Group work (individual break times)
12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch
Break out groups part 2
13:00 - 15:00 - Group work (individual break times)
Wrap up / Planning
15:00 - 15:15 - Project wrap-up
15:15 - 15:30 - Break
15:30 - 16:30 - Discussion

Accessibility

The Pangeo community strives to host inclusive, accessible events. To be respectful of those with allergies and environmental sensitivities, please refrain from wearing strong fragrances. To request an accommodation or for inquiries about accessibility, please contact Max Jones (@maxrjones).

Code of Conduct

All participants must abide by the Pangeo Code of Conduct.

Many thanks to those who attended the planning meeting for this event and especially Sage Ortiz and @paigem for helping with organization.

10 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for organizing this!

1 Like

Thanks to those who signed up for this event - looking forward to it!

We have 25 people registered and have space for a few more so I’d encourage anyone else who’d like to participate to either fill out the google form or send me a message despite the deadline having past.

4 Likes

I was super excited about joining this but unfortunately I will have to scrub my travel to AMS this year… finishing my PhD on time is taking priority. Hoping to meet more of you all at future meetings!

3 Likes

A couple other relevant bits of information -

2 Likes