Pangeo Weekly Telecon

Today we will hold our weekly telecon at 4pm ET! .

I’m starting to feel like a broken record here, but as usual, I am not available until 4:30 due to my preschool pickup duties. It would be great if someone else could chair.

I got you @rabernat – I can chair.

1 Like

Today we will have our regularly-scheduled telecon at 12 PM EST. I will be there and can chair.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) we will hold our weekly telecon at 4pm ET! .

I am not available until 4:30 due to my preschool pickup duties. @rsignell are you okay with committing to chairing the 4pm meetings on a regular basis?

Yes @rabernat, I can chair these on a regular basis.
And if I can’t make one, I will find an alternate.

Today we will have our regularly-scheduled telecon at 12 PM EST. I will be there and can chair.

Pangeans, we are taking a summer break on the Pangeo showcase series (back in September!), but it seems like we could still have weekly informal check-ins/agenda topics for those who are available and would like to participate. What do folks think?

@rsignell, I would be happy to participate in weekly check-ins throughout the summer. If we continue to use the same zoom link from the showcase series, we would need someone from Columbia to always attend as host. (I can probably do this most weeks, but there will be a few times when I may not be able to make it.) Given that we don’t need recording and (presumably) capacity for > 100 participants, maybe it makes sense to shift summer checkins to https://whereby.com/pangeo?

Great idea @cisaacstern let’s try using whereby
Can we start the zoom today anyway if only to tell people to move to whereby?

@rsignell, sure thing. I will sign on at the scheduled time today (in 12 mins! :smile:) to host.

Just noting that the Columbia Zoom always works regardless of whether there is a official “host”. A Columbia participant is only ever needed for recording.

Edit: maybe that is not true any more. Let me double check.

As the only Columbia participant on Zoom last week, I needed to “Admit” all of the other attendees from the waiting room as they arrived. Perhaps this is a setting we want to/ can change?

In the interim, I suggest we try whereby.com/pangeo for the informal check-in at 9am PT (10 mins from now) today.

1 Like

Today we will have an old-school weekly checkin meeting (but no showcase) at 12pm EST.

Some topics we can discuss are:

• Pangeo website overhaul
  • Anything else you want to bring up? (add items to agenda)

Next week is AGU, and then people start to be on holidays. So weekly meetings will be suspended until the new year. We will reconvene on Jan 5 at 4pm ET.

:christmas_tree: :menorah: :snowman_with_snow:

2 Likes

Thanks! See if I can get up early on holidays. :slight_smile:

We will be meeting tomorrow Jan 12 at 12pm ET. Looking forward to catching up with everyone! No particular agenda defined, so please bring your topics for discussion.

We will be meeting today Jan 26 at 12pm ET . Looking forward to seeing folks there.

1 Like

We will be meeting as usual today at 4pm ET. Hope to see you there!

Just to confirm (because it’s been a while since I last attended, my login information is out of date): we’ll be meeting in https://whereby.com/pangeo, not Zoom?

Zoom. Latest details are here: Meeting Schedule and Notes — Pangeo documentation

1 Like