Pangeo Weekly Telecon

I can’t make it either as the late meeting today unfortunate conflicts with the Annual IOOS Data Management and Cyberinfrastructure meeting (100 people talking about ocean sensing and modeling data with Pangeo well-represented!)

Hope @cgentemann, @TomAugspurger or someone else can host!

@TomAugspurger I think it might be you! I also have a meeting at this time already…

I was going to volunteer, but I’ve also had another meeting scheduled at the same time this week :slight_smile:

I will be able to chair our weekly telecom today at 12 EDT. Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

1 Like

Today we will have our meeting at 4pm EDT, 1pm PDT.

I have started writing a blog post about our Pangeo “pivot” we are planning. I would be happy to share the outline of this and refine the message as a group.

Any other items for the agenda?

I’ll be able to join for the last half. If there’s time, I’d be interested to hear if there’s demand for a more polished version of MLFlow on JupyterHub Deployments on our hubs.

Hi All,

I will be online for our weekly telecon today a 12 PM EST. (I updated the calendar entry, which can’t seem to keep track of daylight savings time.)

This is an anxious day for many. I don’t expect we are in the mood for a standard meeting. So just consider today’s meeting a support group for those looking to see a friendly face. If anyone is excited to share a science / tech topic, we would all welcome the distraction.

There will be a weekly telecon today at 4pm EST.

I will be ~20 minutes late due to a preschool pickup. Someone else will need to chair. @rsignell?

Yes @rabernat, I’d be happy to chair.

As usual, please add proposed Agenda items to the Pangeo Weekly-Checkin Notes. I would welcome a volunteer to help take notes also.

We will have our regularly-scheduled telecon today at 12 PM EST. One thing on the agenda is a demo of the netCDF editor app by @WesleyTheGeolien:

I am without child care today, and I suspect many of us are starting Thanksgiving preparations by 4pm EST. So I’ve decided to cancel today’s weekly telecon. I’ll look forward to seeing you next week.

Tomorrow we will have our regularly-scheduled telecon at 12 PM EST.

There is a weekly telecon scheduled for tomorrow (Dec. 9) at 4pm EST.

I will be ~20 minutes late due to a preschool pickup. If no one else is available to chair (possible because of AGU / end of year crunch), we will cancel the meeting.

As we have not had any volunteer to chair, TODAY’S TELECON IS CANCELLED!

I can chair and will show up if anyone is interested. I didn’t see this earlier.

@rabernat, the folks who showed up on the call today agreed that we should just go ahead and hold the meeting even it’s not clear who will Chair. Folks sometimes don’t see the Discourse or Gitter messages, and if just a few people show up, it can be a short meeting. Seems like we don’t need a host to use the Zoom link (at least it worked for us today).

What do you think?

There is NO weekly telecon this week or next. We will re-convene on Jan. 6!

Happy Holidays to everyone! :christmas_tree:

Tomorrow’s weekly telecom will be at 4pm ET. That will be the LAST meeting at that time. From then on we will hold all meetings at 12pm.

We will also be sticking with the same old format for now, as we have not yet finalized the plan for our new structure. :laughing: That will be one topic for the agenda.