Pangeo-related events at AGU 2022

Hi Pangeo! This thread is for sharing any sessions or other events at this year’s AGU Fall Meeting that might be of interest to the Pangeo community.

I am listing events I’m involved with and some sessions shared by @clyne during last week’s Pangeo meeting. Also thanks to @jukent for the reminder to post this. :slight_smile:

Monday, Dec. 12th

Open Science Practices and Success Stories Across the Earth, Space, and Environmental Sciences (4 individual session)
8 - 9 am: online poster session (ED11B)
9 am - 12:30 pm: in-person poster session (ED12C)
2:45 - 4:15 pm: hybrid oral session I (ED15B)
4:45 - 6:15 pm: hybrid oral session II (ED16B)

5:40 - 5:50 pm: ED16B-06 Project Pythia: A Pangeo Community Tool for Open-Source Education (oral presentation)

6:30 - 7:30 pm: TH15G Data and Open Science for Capable Communities and Scientific Discovery (town hall)

Tuesday, Dec. 13th

9 am - 12:30 pm: ED32D-0553 Project Pythia: Transforming Software Engineering Education for GeoScience (poster)

Wednesday, Dec. 14th

12:45 - 1:45 pm: TH33H NASA/AGU Open Science Events, Curricula, and Opportunities (town hall)

5pm onward: TOPS & Friends Happy Hour! Join for informal socializing with Pangeo folks! Open to all, including those completely new to Pangeo!

Friday, Dec. 16th

9 - 10:30 am: INV52B The Future Is Open (innovation session)

2:45 - 4:15 pm: U55A AGU-EGU-JpGU Great Debate: Open Science, Societies, and Society (oral session)

2:45 - 6:15 pm: A55S-1380 Update on Project Raijin: Community Geoscience Analysis Tools for Unstructured Grids (poster)

6 Likes

Thanks for putting this together!

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together! Does anyone want to meet up at AGU for a happy hour? I will be there most of the week .

Thanks for sharing! ditto, if someone wants to meet for happy hour (or watch the World Cup semi finals) I’m in! I’m volunteering at the ESIP data desk on Monday from 3 to 5 if someone wants to stop by and say hi

1 Like

I’m also up for a Pangeo happy hour!

1 Like

For anyone who wants to join our Pangeo & friends happy hour on Wednesday evening, follow this other thread!

1 Like

The AGU schedule looks like @ktyle’s poster:

9 am - 12:30 pm: ED32D-0553 Project Pythia: Transforming Software Engineering Education for GeoScience (poster)

Is actually on Wednesday the 14th.

Yes, that is correct! Hope to see folks at the poster hall tomorrow!