Forwarding along a remote summer internship opportunity at Sust Global, a startup focused on transforming climate science data into meaningful insights for financial institutions. I’m a MS-PhD student at Stanford and did an internship with them last summer. Their focus, sustainable finance, is a very exciting emerging field. Experience with Pangeo and xarray would be a huge plus.
The CTO led the analytics engineering team at Planet Labs (satellite startup in SF) prior to starting this company. Feel free to reach out to me or the CTO for more details.
Machine Learning Summer Intern (Spring/Summer - Part-time/Full-time)
- Work with large, complex data sets solving non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods towards assessment of physical climate risk
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, requirements specification, and processing to produce ongoing deliverables
- Structuring data-driven impact stories and presentations. Potential to present your learnings in industry leading technical reports and conferences
- Data/ML: Experience working on statistical inference, multivariate analysis, sampling methods and ML on geosciences and earth observation datasets
- Tools: Experience working with large datasets using Python, R or similar
- Domain: Experience in exploratory data science, computer vision, and machine learning
- Social Good: Strong motivation around using the best data for social good and data driven storytelling
- Learning: Interested in working with a small team of experts to build new capabilities in an agile, self-directed fashion
- Currently pursuing MS/PhD in a quantitative discipline, involving experimental design and data analysis
- Available to work remote part-time or full-time for 10-16 weeks
- Authorized to work in the US or EU
- Available to start May/June 2021