Call for IAPSO Best Practice Study Groups

http://iapso.iugg.org/media/com_acymailing/upload/iapso_call_for_best_practice_study_groups.pdf

The International Association for the Physical Sciences of the Oceans (IAPSO) is inviting applications for Best Practice Study Groups in the period 2019-2021. Each group will receive up to US$10,000 towards the costs of a meeting. Proposals should reach the IAPSO Secretariat via email by 15 November 2019. The proposers of Best Practice Study Group proposals will be notified by 31 December 2019 of the success or otherwise of their proposals.

An IAPSO Best Practice Study Group will address an issue whose resolution will assist in the conduct of oceanographic research. In carrying out oceanographic research, a choice must frequently be made between a few options for measuring data, analysing data, processing software, or modelling a system. The reasons for choosing between competing methods are often not well documented and the relative strengths and weaknesses of these routes are usually not published or well known

Seems like a great opportunity to promote Pangeo tools within the oceanography community.

I would consider leading a proposal if some of the other oceanographers here were keen to help.

Deadline Nov. 15

I would be interested.

1 Like

I would be interested in contributing too.

1 Like

I would be happy to contribute.