Thanks to @cgentemann for the reminder that AGU Fall Meeting 2020 Workshop proposals are (shockingly) due next week! This wouldn’t take place until December 5 or 6 (weekend after the main meeting), but it would be helpful to submit a clear agenda as discussed on the Pangeo call today.
But rather than copy the same format, let’s consider some alternatives! Keep in mind this might be run as a virtual event. Some questions and requests below:
- Please indicate if you’d like to develop content, present content, or be a lead organizer !
- Should we split a single workshop session (4 hours) into discipline tracks - one focused on global modeling data sets, another with remote sensing datasets possibly with pysat developers? @rabernat or @andersy005
- Should we take on a full-day proposal with two sessions (introductory material in the morning, advanced use-case examples in the PM, or hackweek style sessions to make things more interactive and allow people to work with whatever data is of interest to them)?
- Anything else? @robfatland it would be great to get some input from POETs on this
- @lheagy and others on JupyterMeetsTheEarth team - are you all planning on resubmitting sessions from last year?