Signing up for Pangeo

With the decommision of aws-uswest2.pangeo.io that form and the associated documentation at Pangeo Cloud — Pangeo documentation needs to revision.

Access to the GCP Pangeo Cloud instance is made available through the GitHub Team @pangeo-data/us-central1-b-gcp . I don’t know who historically received that Google Form application (presumably some superset of rabernat, jhamman, scottyhq, TomAugspurger) but my understanding one of the owners of that @pangeo-data GitHub org is needed for to add someone.

Unless someone responds otherwise, I’ll bring Pangeo Cloud access up at the Pangeo Community Meeting tomrrow.

Relatedly, the remaining GCP Pangeo Cloud deployment is scheduled to go to the 2023. Working as part of 2i2c I have been trying to build capacity of continuing the support for Pangeo-like cloud (ideally on GCP, AWS, and other cloud provider infrastructurer as well). The next best opportunity that I am aware of is Pathways to Enable Open-Source Ecosystems (POSE) | NSF - National Science Foundation and I am hoping a proposal through that call will continue the Pangeo Cloud infrastructure.