SEEKCommons fellowship on open scientific computing

Dear all,

I hope you all are well! My colleagues and I are big fans of the work you do to push forward open technologies for scientific research!

I’m writing to inform you that applications are now open for our inaugural Socio-Environmental Knowledge Commons (SEEKCommons) Fellowship cohort. The SEEKCommons Fellowship is funded by NSF and run by partners at University of Notre Dame, Open Environmental Data Project, and The HDF Group. The fellowship aims to bring graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, and professionals from community-based organizations to socio-environmental research with open technologies. The fellowship is designed to encourage new integrative practices involving environmental and climate action research with Open Science practices, and provide a space for Fellows and SEEKCommons network members to connect on research issues/challenges/solutions, and put into practice network resources. The Fellowship is meant to supplement other commitments, will be nine months in duration (we will also do a second cohort in 2025), and fellows will receive either a $8,000 or $12,000 stipend. Nine fellows will be selected for each cohort.Fellows may be:

• Graduate students working with open technologies on sustainability/climate issues; conducting research with open technology on socio-environmental issues;
  • Post-docs with existing community projects and initiatives on Science and Technology Studies, Open Science, or Socio-environmental research; or
  • Community practitioners working with environmental data to advance action who are interested in integrating open practices or technologies into their work.

Pangeo community members would be eligible in all three categories for their dedication to the development of open technologies (for environmental research).

Here is the link for more information on the Fellowship program:

SEEKCommons Fellowship FAQ | SEEKCommons

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Thank you so much!

Best wishes,
LF.