Save the date: Project Pythia summer hackathon

Pythia Cook-off: Hacking Together Cookbooks for Pangeo

June 20-23
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) Mesa Lab, Boulder, CO

Save the date, Project Pythia invites you to participate in Pythia Cook-off: Hacking Together Cookbooks for Pangeo, a synchronous hybrid hackathon June 20-23, 2023, in sunny Boulder, Colorado! As part of its efforts to create and support effective and sustainable geoscientific computing workflows, the Pythia team will be facilitating a hackathon for groups of excited folks to come together and create their very own Cookbooks.

Watch this post for much more information and sign-ups to come very soon. Yes, that means you!

17 Likes

Stoked! Looking forward to this.

3 Likes

Very excited looking forward to attending!

One question, as I’ve never been to a hackathon before and am working out budgeting details with my company, but how many hours per day are typically being used? I’m assuming it’s full days but want to verify.

best,
Xavier

Hi Xavier! We are currently planning on full days with breaks for lunch and coffee. Approximately 8:30 am – 4:30 pm local time (full agenda TBD) and there will be some scheduled social events in the evenings after.

Check out the new thread with links for more information and sign-ups, available now at ProjectPythia.org!