Join us for OceanHackWeek 2023

It’s that time again, applications for OceanHackWeek 2023 are open!

We’re also looking for folks who are willing to give ‘workflow tutorials’ (by workflow we mean starting with what your question was, moving through acquiring data, analysis, and presentation), along with project mentors and facilitators. If that sounds like that might be you, or you’ve got an idea on who could give a really good tutorial give me a hollar.

OceanHackWeek is a small hands-on, interactive hybrid in-person and virtual workshop focused on data science for oceanography and closely related fields (e.g. marine ecology, fisheries). Join us for five days of tutorials, data exploration, software development and community networking!

This year, the workshop will take a hybrid form consisting of a virtual event, an in-person event in Seattle, US, and an in-person event in Western Australia (location TBD).

OHW23 will happen from:

• August 7-11, 2023, for the in-person event in Seattle, US, and global virtual event, OR
  • August 8-12, 2023, for the in-person event in Western Australia.

Participants can apply for attending one of the in-person events or the virtual global event. In-person events are connected closely with the virtual global event, while providing additional collaboration and networking opportunities on a regional basis.

Please visit our website https://oceanhackweek.org/ for details.

To apply, see Information for OHW23 Applicants — OceanHackWeek. Application deadline: June 2, 2023. Accepted applicants will be notified no later than June 23, 2023.

Please forward to colleagues who may be interested in this event. See About — OceanHackWeek to learn more about the “Hackweek” learning and collaboration model.

We look forward to seeing you in person or online!

The OceanHackWeek Team

organizing-committee@oceanhackweek.org

2 Likes

Hi, I think I might be able to provide a workflow tutorial for this event. Who should I get in touch for this? Should I fill out the application form?

Hi @selipot, shoot me a private message and I can get you in touch with our tutorials group.