📣 Join the ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster Session April 24 for Zarr: The Next Generation Part 2/3

The ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster would like to announce part 2 of a 3 part series: Zarr: The Next Generation.

HAPPENED - Part 1: Monday, March 27th

COMING UP - Part 2: Monday April 24th, 9am PT / 12pm ET / 6pm CEST

• Brianna Pagán to speak current state of the GeoZarr spec and working group
  • Norman Rzepka to speak about the Zarr sharding specification: ZEP0002 | ZEP
  • Find joining information on ESIP Community Calendar

STAY TUNED FOR - Part 3: Monday, May 22nd at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 7pm CEST:

• Hailiang Zhang will provide a summary of the accumulation proposal: ZEP0005 | ZEP
  • Max Jones to speak about Kerchunk and Pangeo-Forge recipes developments

Standard Agenda:

• 5-10 minutes - Announcements: Working sessions, ESIP Summer Meeting Planning, Open Call for other announcements
  • 30-40 minutes - Presentations
  • 20 minutes - Discussion questions

More about ESIP: https://www.esipfed.org/
More about the Cloud Computing Cluster: Cloud Computing - Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)

6 Likes

Hiya! Just checking if the video of Part 2 will be published on ESIP’s YouTube channel?

@jack_kelly @dcherian recording is up! 2023-04-24 ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster: Next Generation of Zarr Part 2/3 GeoZarr and Zarr Sharding - YouTube

2 Likes

Amazing - thank you!

Hi @aimeeb.

Thanks for organising the 3 part series on Zarr. I’ve watched the video recordings, and they are great.

I was trying to find the recording for the third part but couldn’t find it. Any ideas where can I find it?
Thanks!

Yes! Thanks for the nudge to publish it. Here it is: 2023-05-22 ESIP CCC: Next Gen Zarr Part 3/3: accumulation proposal, Kerchunk and Pangeo-Forge - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @aimeeb! :pray:t2:

FYI: I’ve written a blog post highlighting the speaking engagement of the Zarr community members at recent conferences and events.
I’ve also included a section for the ESIP meetings.

Please have a read here: Zarr, as seen in the public 📣 | Zarr Blog
Feel free to share among your connections.

Thanks!

CC: @aimeeb

1 Like