CarbonPlan has a new FT remote job opening for a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer!
CarbonPlan is a non-profit working on data and science for climate action. We aim to ensure the quality, scientific integrity, and transparency of climate solutions. We analyze solutions based on the best available science and data and build open source tools and data products. We work directly with decision makers across the public and private sector to help them achieve ambitious climate goals. You can read more about our work on our website.
As a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer on our Technology team, you will contribute to CarbonPlan’s scientific and technical activities, serving a dynamic role that includes data science, machine learning, cloud computing, and open source software development. If you’re excited about applying cutting edge data science tools to tackle big climate problems, please apply!
- Design and build open source data analysis tools, models, and data products
- Contribute to new and existing community-developed open source software libraries,
- Participate in and help guide engagements with external collaborators and partners, and
- Document, write about, and present our work.
You should have:
- Passion for our mission,
- 3+ years experience with scientific Python,
- 3+ years experience with data science and machine learning in either a research or applied setting, and
- A portfolio of your work (e.g. open source code, websites, papers, etc.).
You’ll be an especially good fit if you have:
- Experience contributing to open source scientific software projects,
- Software development experience using version control, continuous integration, etc.
- Geospatial data analysis and visualization experience,
- Data analytics experience with scientific Python, especially including Pandas, Xarray, and/or Dask,
- Machine Learning experience using frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, Pytorch, and/or TensorFlow,
- Experience in image processing or remote sensing.
You should include in your application:
- A link to your portfolio (GitHub, website, technical blog, etc.),
- Your CV, and
- A paragraph answering each of the following questions:
- Why are you excited to work at CarbonPlan?
- What do you hope to bring to this role?
- At CarbonPlan, we value the diversity of experiences and perspectives within the work of climate change mitigation. What would you bring to this team in that regard?