ECMWF is hosting two workshops focused on machine learning for weather and climate:
Use cases of sophisticated machine learning techniques – such as deep neural networks – in Earth sciences have left their infancy and are now learning to walk towards operational use. This workshop will discuss machine learning applications for numerical weather predictions and climate services and will focus on four topics:
- Machine learning for emulation of model components
- Machine learning for forecasts from now-casting to seasonal
- Machine learning for feature detection and user applications
- Machine learning tools and high-performance computing
The workshop will consist of both invited talks and talks that are selected from abstracts that can be submitted here. The workshop will be fully virtual and there will be no fee for registration or abstract submission. The workshop will be organised back-to-back with the virtual MAELSTROM dissemination workshop (www.maelstrom-eurohpc.eu) that will take place on 28 March. The dissemination workshop will provide an update on MAELSTROM developments and invited talks. You can register for both events here.
If you would like to attend either or both of the workshops, please complete the registration form.
- Abstract submission deadline: 31 January 2022
- Registration deadline: 22 March 2022