Abstracts are due by 8 September 2020 at 11:59 PM EST
This symposium is soliciting papers on the use of Python in research, operational, and educational contexts. Please submit work relating to methodologies, applications, and package development in the following topics:
- Working with large data sets using Python
- Visualization and data discovery using Python
- Teaching, training, outreach and building communities around Python
- Python in operations and research to operations
- New Python tools in the atmospheric and oceanographic sciences New
In addition there will be joint sessions on: Workflows for cloud-based data analysis in Python with a focus on CMIP6 (Python and the 34th Conference on Climate Variability & Change), Python frameworks for reproducible communicable Artificial Intelligence workflows (Python and Conference on AI) Exploring the Scalability and Parallel Performance of Python on High Performance Computing Systems (HPC and Python).
- The Earth Prediction Innovation Center – Enabling a community-based approach to advance NWP (Joint with HPC, EIPT, AI, and R2O)
The Eleventh Symposium on Advances in Modeling and Analysis Using Python is organized by the AMS Committee on Environmental Information Processing Technologies.
For updates follow the Python Symposiums on Twitter @amspython
For additional information, please contact the program chair, Scott Collis (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). We gratefully acknowledge the work of the Python program committee: Hannah Aizenman, Sheri Mickelson, Daniel Rothenberg, Ryan May and Jingyin Tang.