Sessions at the 2022 AMS Annual Meeting Python Symposium

Hi everyone!

Just a friendly reminder that there are still a few weeks left before the abstract deadline for the 2022 AMS Annual Meeting, and there are plenty of places where members of the Pangeo community might consider presenting some of their work! The 12th Symposium in Advances in Modeling and Analysis Using Python is soliciting talks for the following sessions:

• New Python Tools in the Atmospheric and Oceanographic Sciences;
  • Python in Operations and Research to Operations;
  • Teaching, Training, Outreach, and Building Communities around Python;
  • Visualization and Data Discovery Using Python;
  • Visualization and Data Discovery Using Python;
  • Working with Large Datasets Using Python.

We also have several exciting joint sessions with other conferences that you might consider applying to:

• Artificial Intelligence for Earth System Predictability (AI4ESP): How do we affect a paradigm shift in earth system modeling using AI?;
  • Cloud Computing for Big Data in Atmosphere, Ocean, and Climate (Joint between the 38th Conference on Environmental Information Processing Technologies and the 12th Symposium on Advances in Modeling and Analysis Using Python)
  • Developing Cloud-based Tools for Data Analysis and Archiving (Joint between the 38th Conference on Environmental Information Processing Technologies and the 12th Symposium on Advances in Modeling and Analysis Using Python)
  • FAIR and Open Data and Software within the Atmospheric and Ocean Sciences to Support Replicable R (Joint between the 38th Conference on Environmental Information Processing Technologies and the 12th Symposium on Advances in Modeling and Analysis Using Python)

(three of note bolded above)

I hope to see some of you all there, either in-person in Houston or virtually! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me (darothen@waymo.com) or our Program Chair, Scott Collis (scollis@anl.gov).

2 Likes

If anyone is planning on attending AMS, the following workshop being given by one of my Oracle colleagues may be interesting or helpful.

1 Like