This position is under the Joint Center for Satellite Data Assimilation (JCSDA) and provides partial support for the Joint Effort for Data Assimilation Integration (JEDI) project.
Location: Boulder, CO.
Application Deadline: The position will be posted Saturday, July 10th.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Work Authorization: UCAR/NCAR will sponsor a work visa to fill this position.
Hiring Range $97,404 $121,754
- Undertake environment development tasks as assigned by the supervisor. This may include developing platform-independent software, learning and improving workflow control suite in support of scientific research activities and writing software to help manage scientific experiments.
- Assist and support scientists and software engineers from JCSDA and partner organizations in running JEDI experiments on HPC systems and cloud computing resources.
- Use and promote the use of software development best practices within JCSDA and project partner organizations.
- Prepare documentation and material for tutorials and educational events to the JCSDA scientists and software engineers and the scientific community. May contribute to peer-reviewed publications as appropriate.
What You Need:
Education and Years of Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field; and 8-12 years of experience in a related technical area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge through previous experience or education - required:
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Excellent knowledge of object oriented and generic programming
- Working knowledge of shell scripting
- Modern software engineering practices: gathering and analysis of requirements, design, prototyping, version control, integration, testing, and documentation
- Developing software in a Unix environment
- Able to integrate multiple development tools into coherent environment.
- Ability to contribute to enhancement of existing software processes.
To apply, please click here: Workday