Postdoctoral Research Scientist at Rice in Hydrological Sciences and Climate Modeling

My colleague Sylvia Dee sent me the following job announcement to post on her behalf (so it’s in her voice); I am a co-PI on this grant and happy to answer any questions. This would be a great opportunity for interested in using and contributing to the pangeo ecosystem. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions about this position (I may refer you to Prof. Dee!)

Dear all,

The Climate & Water Lab in the Department of Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences at Rice University, in collaboration with the Earth Surface Systems Lab at Northeastern University and the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at Rice, invites applicants for a Postdoctoral Research Scientist in Hydrological Sciences and Climate Modeling. This NSF-funded postdoctoral project will explore Mississippi River Basin hydroclimate over the last millennium alongside CMIP5 & 6 projections of future changes in discharge and basin hydrology.

The position requires a strong background in hydrological or climate science & modeling. Experience in numerical/statistical and geospatial modeling is required, and experience running CAM5/6 and/or CESM is preferred.

Candidates will be expected to contribute positively to the diversity of the department through outreach or other means. Both domestic and international applicants are welcome. A Ph.D. is required at the time of appointment.

Applicants may contact Dr. Sylvia Dee (sylvia.dee@rice.edu) for more information; please include a CV with inquiry.

The position is supported for up to two years, pending satisfactory progress during the first year, and covers an annual stipend of $50,000 with a benefits package and an additional annual discretionary research allowance of $3,500.

Rice University is located in Houston, Texas, and is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian university that aspires to path-breaking research, unsurpassed teaching, and contributions to the betterment of our world. Rice fulfills this mission by cultivating a diverse community of learning and discovery that produces leaders across the spectrum of human endeavor.

Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity at all levels and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.

With kindness,

Sylvia Dee

1 Like

Thanks for posting @jdossgollin

2 Likes