Pangeo Forge Data Infrastructure Engineer at Columbia / LDEO

We have an exciting new position available at Columbia!

The Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory in Palisades, New York, is seeking a Staff Associate III to work on the Pangeo Forge project, a novel cloud-native data repository supported by the NSF EarthCube program, in the role of a Data Infrastructure Engineer. This engineer will oversee the ingestion and cataloging of data into the repository. They will also contribute development and maintenance of open source software for data extraction, transformation, loading, and cataloging. Finally, they will work with partner institutions to conduct outreach and training to enable users to take advantage of the cloud data.

Duties and Responsibilities will include:

• Manage the ingestion of datasets into the cloud data repository using the Pangeo Forge platform by helping contributors develop new data recipes and resolve problems related to data formatting, homogenization, and quality control.
  • Contribute to the development and maintenance of Pangeo Forge and related open-source python tools for data management, transformation, and cataloging, including Xarray, Zarr, and STAC.
  • Develop examples, tutorials, and other educational materials for working with cloud-based datasets.
  • Conduct training workshops and other outreach activities with partners.

The salary range is $85K - $105K, depending on experience.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions about the position.

2 Likes

Hello,
My name is Luis Marcelo Achite, I live in Brazil now a days, and I´m interested in present my resume for consideration on this position. I worked for 15 years at the Inter-American Institute for Global Change Research in Brazil as IT Manager. When the institute decided to move to Uruguay, I left the institute in order to engage in company creation. Is there any email address I can send my resume to you?
Regards.
Marcelo

Hi Marcelo, and thanks for your inquiry.

The procedure to apply for the job is to follow the link above: https://pa334.peopleadmin.com/postings/7014