Overhaul of main Pangeo website

Has there been chatter about re-hauling the website so that it offers more a high-level “catalog” of all the disparate technological advances that has been happening in the Pangeo-sphere? I work with a lot of researchers, academics and research facilitators now beyond just the R1 institutions and would like for them to be able to arrive at a more cohesive website that articulates how/when/why Pangeo should be on their radar.

2 Likes

Amanda this is a great suggestion. I think many of us recognize that it needs to be done.

The challenge, as always, is mobilizing the effort to actually do it. :upside_down_face:

Fortunately @lsmith has recently joined the project with a mandate to specifically address issues related to communication and outreach. Updating the website is definitely on her radar…but she can’t do it alone. Input from the community will be necessary to create the content we need.

I remind everyone that the website is an open-source Sphinx-based side hosted on github

Opening issues and eventually pull requests is how the website will get updated. I encourage anyone interested in this to roll up their sleeves and dive in. Effort to brainstorm high-level structure and content, and effort to organize and mobilize others, would also be valuable contributions that are within reach for many community members.

1 Like

I’d be interested in helping with this. Perhaps in 2022, @mgrover1, @jukent, @andersy005 and I can help with this.

2 Likes

Yes please keep me informed on conversations on this. I can look into this more after AGU.

1 Like