Error When Downloading CMIP6 Data

I am using a virtual environment in Anaconda to download CMIP6 data. The script is from GitHub - tom-andersson/icenet-paper: Code associated with the paper 'Seasonal Arctic sea ice forecasting with probabilistic deep learning'
However, I am running into this error (I am using netcdf4=1.5.0):

Downloading data for EC-Earth3, r7i1p1f1

siconca: searching ESGF… found historical, found ssp245, found 251 files. loading metadata… curl error details:
curl error details:
curl error details:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/anaconda3/envs/icenet/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xarray/backends/file_manager.py”, line 199, in _acquire_with_cache_info
file = self._cache[self._key]
File “/opt/anaconda3/envs/icenet/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xarray/backends/lru_cache.py”, line 53, in getitem
value = self._cache[key]
KeyError: [<class ‘netCDF4._netCDF4.Dataset’>, (‘http://esgf.bsc.es/thredds/dodsC/esg_dataroot/a1st-CMIP-r7/CMIP6/CMIP/EC-Earth-Consortium/EC-Earth3/historical/r7i1p1f1/SImon/siconca/gr/v20201217/siconca_SImon_EC-Earth3_historical_r7i1p1f1_gr_194001-194012.nc’,), ‘r’, ((‘clobber’, True), (‘diskless’, False), (‘format’, ‘NETCDF4’), (‘persist’, False))]

1 Like

Welcome and thanks for sharing your question Damon. Since you are running code that has been distributed by its author via github, I think it might make more sense to ask your question in that repo’s issue tracker

It will be hard for us to debug the author’s code. But he will hopefully be able to provide you with a quick answer.