Dask Dowunder - Present timezone!

I note this with great interest:-

https://summit.dask.org/schedule/

Dask Down Under: Dask DevOps for Remote SensingTisham Dhar
19 May
11:30 Dask Down Under: Patterns for large scale temporal processing of geo-spatial data using Dask TitleKirill Kouzoubov
19 May 12:00 Break
19 May 13:00 Dask Down Under: Panel DiscussionGenevieve Buckley, Ben Leighton, Draga Doncila Pop, Hugo Bowne-Anderson, Tisham Dhar
19 May 14:00 Break
19 May 15:00 Dask Down Under: Introduction to xarray and Dask (Tutorial)Nick Mortimer

Not in the past - @rsignell - almost made a meeting the other week, woke up early, but it was about 15 minutes to late to get organised and rush in

2 Likes

I agree - I’m very happy to see that there is a Dask Down Under track at the summit! Perhaps I’ll see you there @RichardScottOZ!

Note that there is a Pangeo session at the Dask Summit that is happening from 2-4pm US Eastern time on Wednesday, May 19th (4-6am Sydney time on Thursday, May 20th). Not at a convenient time in Australia, but should be a good session! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The full list of Dask Down Under events is here: Presentation: Dask Down Under | Dask Distributed Summit 2021

CONFERENCE DAY 1: Wednesday 19th May 2021 AEST

TALK: Draga Doncila Pop, Interactive visualization and near real-time analysis on out-of-core satellite images (11am AEST / 9am AWST)

TALK: Tisham Dhar, Dask DevOps for Remote Sensing (11:30am AEST / 9:30am AWST)

TALK: Kirill Kouzoubov , Patterns for large scale temporal processing of geo-spatial data using Dask (12:00pm AEST / 10:00am AWST)

BREAK - 1 hour break (12:30pm AEST / 10:30am AWST)

PANEL: Dask Down Under Panel Discussion. Draga Doncila Pop, Ben Leighton, Tisham Dhar, Genevieve Buckley, and Hugo Bowne-Anderson (1:30pm AEST / 11:30am AWST)

BREAK - 1 hour break (2:30pm AEST / 12:30pm AWST)

TUTORIAL: Introduction to xarray and dask, with Nick Mortimer (2 hour tutorial, begins 3:30pm AEST / 1:30pm AWST)

CONFERENCE DAY 2: Thursday 20th May 2021 AEST

TALK: Ben Leighton and Kim Opie, Image Processing Using Dask - Using dask and skimage to identity vegetation morphology across the Australian landscape (11:00am AEST / 9:00am AWST)

TALK: Nick Mortimer, Making the most of your schedule: From HPC to Local Cluster (11:30am AEST / 9:30am AWST)

BREAK: 1 hour break (12:00pm AEST / 10:00am AWST)

SOCIAL: Meet and greet / bring a problem to share (1 and a half hours, begins 1pm AEST / 11am AWST)

BREAK: 1 hour break (2:30pm AEST / 12:30pm AWST)

TUTORIAL: Marine Heatwaves code, with Nick Mortimer (2 hour tutorial, begins 3:30pm AEST / 1:30pm AWST)

And @RichardScottOZ if you’re in either Melbourne or Perth, there’s an in-person option for the meet & greet session. If you’re anywhere else, you can join online (say hi to me if you do).

If that’s of interest to anyone here, DM me

Thanks Genevieve, I am in Adelaide.

Will do!

Yes, one of those ‘am I awake enough!’ sessions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

excited for these sessions! If anyone is in Brisbane I happen to be here until June 6 and am overdue for an in-person meetup after a year in Seattle :wink: