Advanced Python Developer
Daitem, Inc. is looking for an experienced Python developer to join our team on a 6 month contract basis with the potential of becoming a full time position. We are developing a geospatial Python library, API, and web based visualization tool to model aviation related climate-impacts. The position is fully remote, but you must be able to coordinate with the team based in WRJ, VT (US-Eastern Time).
- You are an academic in Earth or Atmospheric sciences with a passion for programming and want to build software systems to translate academic work into real-world applications.
- You have experience building foundational Python libraries / applications that are deployed open-source or in a production environment.
- You are well-versed in the scientific / geospatial python ecosystems (SciPy, Pangeo; xarray, numpy, etc)
- Experience structuring and developing Python libraries in a production environment or for community use.
- Facility and comfort with git.
- Experience working with geospatial and atmospheric data.
The position is open to any education level. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please email email@example.com with your Resume/CV and a short description (3-5 sentences) with relevant experience.
Who we are:
Daitem, Inc. is a Vermont based public benefit corporation dedicated to the development, acceleration, and deployment of technical solutions to address and adapt to climate change. Daitem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please find our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion statement here.