Help installing icepyx

Hello. I need some help getting up and running with icepyx. I’m having issues. I follow the exact steps listed on Installation — icepyx documentation. I have Python/Jupyter Notebooks, etc… installed through ArcGIS so not sure if that’s my issue. When I type in conda create --name icepyx-env --channel conda-forge icepyx I get the following error and it keeps hanging on “solving environment” even after letting it run for 12 hours. Please help. I spent days trying fixes I found on line but no luck. Thanks - Joe

(arcgispro-py3) C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Scripts> conda create --name icepyx-env --channel conda-forge icepyx’
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: /

Hi @GISUser7, welcome to the forum! Not sure why it’s hanging for such a long time, but if you are attempting to install icepyx through ArcGIS, maybe try out using the pip installer instead as mentioned in Installation — icepyx documentation?

pip install icepyx

Alternatively, if you want to continue using the conda installer, use the command below which enables verbose debugging output (-vv), then copy & paste what you see.

conda create --name icepyx-env --channel conda-forge icepyx -vv

Thank you so much! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I wanted to make sure everything was working. I may have more questions in the future but it looks like the installation worked. I did have to install Anaconda 3 and then I ran conda create --name icepyx-env --channel conda-forge icepyx -vv and it installed without issue. Thanks again! Joe

1 Like

Oh - I forgot to mention that for some reason it took 3 uninstall/reinstalls of Anaconda 3 to get it to work. Not sure why as I just repeated the same procedure until it worked.