Pangeo Showcase Organizers Discussion (was "Showcase Host Duty Checklist")

Ok, let’s try to sync up briefly at 10:30-11am ET. John looks like you won’t be available then but no worries. We can use https://whereby.com/pangeo.

Sounds like a plan! Thanks!

Okay, I’ll be there also!

I can make 10:30-11am ET. See you then.

@clyne we switched to Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

One weekly duty we haven’t mentioned is updating the Weekly Checkin Notes document to include a skeleton with attendees, checkin, agenda for the new meeting at the top. I’ve just done this for todays meeting.

This document is getting a bit large, as Ryan has noted in the past. I was thinking to split it up into several google docs, perhaps one for each year, and then just reference the prior year documents at the bottom of the current year doc. We could also make the prior years docs not editable by the world. What do you think?

Big :+1: to all those suggestions.

1 Like

How would folks feel about separating the current Pangeo Talks playlist in YouTube into one exclusively for Showcase talks and one for the other talks? This would allow us to have the Showcase archive in one spot and you could then link to that playlist anywhere you wanted to advertise the Showcase.

1 Like

Per an earlier conversation with Ryan to help automate the process between the webinar host (who will be in communication with the speaker) and the webinar post processor (me) who needs speaking info for upload, I have created a Google Form that can be linked to from the Acceptance Email that John created. This way the speaker enters the information once and both the host and I auto-magically have the information. Responses will be archived in this Google Sheet.

Please let me know if anyone has any edits or suggestions.

1 Like

:+1:

:medal_sports: this will make the job a lot easier for everyone!

The last remaining element would be the best way for the speaker/host to get me the PDF of the slides so I can upload them Thurs morning with the video. I am happy to do whatever is easiest for folks…I’m just not sure what that is :slight_smile:

@rabernat @rsignell @clyne Who is hosting the webinar this week? I don’t see anyone’s name name on the ‘Signup Sheet’ Google Sheet. Just wondering so I can coordinate. And do we have anyone lined up to start Zoom? Note that I added both host and zoom starter rows to our Speaker Checklist so we can track that there as well.

Also, please make sure to send Taher a link to this Google Form to fill out so I can get the speaker info for upload. And please make sure to send me (or have the speaker send me) a PDF of their slides for upload following their talk.

I’m not sure who is hosting this week. I can’t do the late meetings, which reminds me: I’m not available for the early meeting on June 2. @rsignell, @rabernat can one of you host on June 2?

Leslie, I will forward your form to Taher. I don’t think that I have your email. Can you send it to me and i’ll cc you.

Thanks for putting the info form together. I’m wondering if we should just combine the two forms together. Thoughts?

I also cannot host the late meetings, so really counting on Rich here! :crossed_fingers:

Yes, I can host tomorrow. I have three talks on Thursday at two different workshops that I haven’t prepared yet, but as long as I don’t do powerpoint and just do demos, I should be good, right? :slight_smile:

@rsignell I’ll let Taher know. I’ve already asked him to join 5 minutes early to do an A/V check.

Do we have anyone lined up to start the zoom tomorrow and record?
I don’t see anyone here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C00yBv8oQ8hWLD4rN5NVbAo8mHRCHw56eDpVXMjj-5U/edit#gid=0

I’ll ping the Columbia folks.

Just checking in who is hosting next week’s webinar (6/2). I know @clyne can’t make it. @rabernat @rsignell ?

Sounds like @rsignell will be able to do it.