Hope all is going well !!
I am Aurelio Vivas, a PhD student in computer science at Universidad de los Andes, Colombia. I’m also part of an organization called CyberColombia. Every year we run a Summer School at different universities in Colombia and cover topics such as HPC, Big Data, Quantum Computing, and this year we will cover Space Exploration (i.e., remote sensing, geoscience and related areas).
Since these kinds of events are possible thanks to the collaboration of international and national guest speakers and tutorial mentors, I extend the invitation to the “pangeans” community.
The event will take place from June 27 - June 29, 2022 in a hybrid in-person/virtual format.
Official page (under construction)
Potential ideas for talks or tutorials but not restricted to this.
- At first glance, I’m sure a talk/tutorial about pangeo software and computing stack would have a significant impact on Colombian communities working on space exploration. To the extent of my knowledge very few people in Colombia are aware of pangeo.
- How HPC is enabling space exploration (software, computing environments such as cloud, grid, edge, etc).
- Ongoing projects (such as Planetary Computer, STAC Catalogs, the Open Data Cube, etc), experiences, or technologies (such as Dask, Xarray, Zarr, etc) you consider may foster the engagement of Colombian researchers on space exploration or remote sensing.
If you are interested or know someone who may be interested, you can send me an email or reply to this post with the following or the contact of the one who may be interested.
- Name of the talk/tutorial:
- Abstract (opcional):
- Email to send a formal invitation:
My email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appreciate the time you take to read this post.
Let me know if you need more detail about the Summer School.